Curriculum that provides healthcare providers working in Indigenous communities an introduction to palliative care. Workshops are organized and delivered by CERAH.
Resource manual that provides family and community members with guidance and support for caregiving at the bedside. Available for free download.
Walking Alongside Indigenous Peoples who are Seriously Ill: Education for Community Caregivers
Curriculum that provides healthcare providers with resources for educating family and community members caring for people who are seriously ill. Available for free download.
Curriculum that provides an Indigenous-oriented adaptation and enhancement of Pallium Canada’s LEAP Core. Workshops are organized and delivered by CERAH.
Workbook with resources for creating a local palliative care program in First Nations communities. Available for free download.
Palliative Care Brochures
CERAH developed resources to support palliative and end of life care in Indigenous communities.
Cultural Practices and Spirituality
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – After Death & Ceremonies
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – Traditions, Rituals, and Spirituality
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association – Grief and Bereavement Resource Repository
- Canadian Grief Alliance
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – Emotions and Support
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – Expectations of Care
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – Kids Grief.ca
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – MyGrief.ca
- Hospice Northwest – Grief Support Program
Advance Care Planning
- Canadian Addictions and Mental Health – Aboriginal Service
- Indigenous Services Canada – Mental Health and Wellness in First Nations and Inuit Communities
- The Firelight Group
Chronic Disease Management
- Canadian Aids Society – Aboriginal People
- Indigenous Services Canada – HIV in First Nations Living on Reserve
- Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network CAAN
- Cancer Care Ontario – Recommended Resources for First Nations, Inuit, Métis & Urban Indigenous
- Indigenous Cancer Care Unit
- Indigenous Services Canada –Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative
- First Nations Health Authority – Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative Resources
- Diabetes Canada – Indigenous communities and diabetes
Advocacy and Policy
Children and Youth
- First Nations Child and Family Caring Society – Spirit Bear
- Indigenous Services Canada – Jordan’s Principle
Culturally Safe Resources